Checkpoint Systems prepares for The Grocer Gold Awards
Judges select company as Technology Supplier of the Year finalist after helping retailers reduce shrink and decrease meat wastage
Checkpoint Systems, a leading supplier of merchandise availability solutions for the retail industry, is proud to announce that it has been chosen as a finalist for this year’s prestigious The Grocer Gold Awards, within the Technology Supplier of the Year category.
The judges were impressed by a number of the company’s projects in 2015 that have helped retailers increase sales, reduce shrinkage and improve operational efficiency, including its:
- Fresh meat source tagging programme, which enabled a Big Four supermarket chain to drastically reduce shrinkage on its red meat lines.
- Project to help the UK’s leading health food store improve sales by achieving greater visibility of footfall across its estate. Checkpoint Systems installed its EVOLVE range to analyse transaction data against conversion rates at each of its stores.
- Response to an increase in basket theft, following the introduction of the plastic bag levy in October 2015, when it announced a new solution – the Alpha O-Tag.
- Launch of an industry-first RFID-based fresh meat solution that is proven to decrease the time staff spend replenishing expired meat, while reducing meat waste and increasing sales.
- Source tagging solutions that have helped improve operational efficiency ahead of the living wage introduction, reducing the amount of time staff spend doing time consuming tasks, such as security tagging merchandise.
The Grocer Gold Awards recognise businesses that have meaningfully boosted the sales, profitability, effectiveness and reputation of grocery retailers throughout 2015. The award winners are chosen by an independent judging panel of industry experts.
Neville Payne, Vice President of Merchandise Availability Solutions at Checkpoint Systems UK, commented: “We’re thrilled to be nominated as a finalist for this year’s The Grocer Gold Awards. We work hard to continue developing innovative solutions that add real value to our customers. The judges are some of the leading figures within our industry and I’d like to thank them for taking the time to go through the entries.”
This year’s award’s ceremony will take place on Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at the Guildhall, London. Attended annually by the best in the business this year’s ceremony, the evening will see various leading companies gather together to be honoured with a range of awards from Brand of the Year to Green Initiative of the Year.